Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Forgot about this yesterday...

Alison at Mother of all Needles tagged me for the 8 random things meme last week, so here you go, a bunch of random stuff you never needed to know about me:

1. I'm far more into film than music. This makes it quite awkward to be a student, as the inevitable question everyone asks when getting to know each other is 'What kind of music are you into?' I hate that question.

2. I feel more at home on the streets of Manhattan than I do in London. I plan to move to New York for a few years after I graduate.

3. I was apparently quite a lovely teenager. This may have been because I had already gone through my phase of having no friends and writing poetry about death. At the age of nine.

4. I've been a member of my university juggling club for nearly a year now. I can spin poi, I've just started to learn devilsticks, but to the huge disappointment of the 5 people who've tried to teach me, I still can't juggle.

5. I developed a taste for books at an early age. No, seriously. I used to eat them.

6. I have a huge weakness for Scottish accents. This works out quite well as I also have something of a weakness for men in kilts.

7. My favourite TV programme ever is Spaced by Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson. However, I think I first watched it too young and it made too much of an impression on me. Since falling in love with Tim Bisley at the age of 11, every guy I've dated has been skinny, scruffy and slightly geeky.

8. I don't agree with cosmetic surgery, but I would jump at the chance if they ever figured out how to give humans gills.

Right, I am now making a pledge not to do any knitting whatsoever for the next 3 weeks as I'm so scarily behind with my coursework. Let's see how long that lasts.

3 comments:

Anushka said...

I know what you mean about the music thing - I don't even like any current music (aside from Tom Waits' most recent release, the latest CD that I have is probably The Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet) and haven't heard of the bands my friends all babble on about. I like blues!

Also, have been reading your blog to try to find out, but are you a costume design student at bournemouth uni? It's just that that's what I want to do, and I read about the course at Bournemouth and wanted to know what it's like? (I'm just in yr12)

Anushka said...

hello, thanks so much for the input! My step grandparents live near bournemouth (actually Ferndown) so I should hopefully make it to an open day perhaps next Feb...I haven't really done any "proper" research into it yet but I started looking at websites of art schools, I think that the course at wimbledon art school here in london is meant to be v. good, and I've been to Edinburgh school of art and looked around at the degree shows, though stupidly didn't make it to costume (got lost between textiles and fashion!). I had my heart set on going to Glasgow art school but they don't offer costume :(

Linda said...

Thank you for the comment on my blog x I agree with the scottish accent thing, it makes even Ken Stott seem attractive !!!!