Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Roundup of 2007

1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Worked in a bar, span fire poi, hosted an Ann Summers party (so much fun), threw up due to excess of alcohol (damned dodgy liver), went to a funeral.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, the few times I remembered I wanted to give blood I wasn’t allowed to because my blood was sullied, and I gave up on juggling ages ago.
Resolutions for 2008: Go to the cinema/theatre more often, cook more fresh food instead of throwing crap from the freezer into the oven, give blood, getting some sewing done in my own time, not just at uni.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandma on my Dad’s side, aged 91.

5. What countries did you visit?
The Netherlands, Scotland.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Boundless energy. What the hell happened to my ability to be up and out of the house before any of my housemates emerged?

7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can’t think of one, so I guess there isn’t one. It hasn’t been a very memorable year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Leaving my job in the hotel and going home for the rest of the summer. That doesn’t seem like a very big thing, but that was the moment when I realised I had to listen to myself and actually live instead of just exist, stop feeling like a failure for being unhappy and do something about it instead.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Giving someone too many second chances that he didn’t deserve or appreciate.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Glandular fever, which disappeared amazingly quickly, but left my liver in a bit of a state.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new boots! They are gorgeous! Even though they still squeak.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Practically ALL my friends from school who now have proper grown-up jobs. I am so behind. *sigh*

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine. See question 9.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent I guess. How thrilling.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going on holiday with my friends in Easter – Amsterdam followed by the British Juggling Convention.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Oh God, that bloody umbrella song.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Hmm. Sadder, but optimistic.
ii. thinner or fatter?
I’m not sure. Every time I go home my Mum says ‘You’ve put on weight’ or ‘You’ve lost weight’ but I never notice myself.
iii. richer or poorer?
Richer, did a good job of saving my wages for this summer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Going out. At this rate I’m going to miss my 3 year clubbing window before I have to start working for a living.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sleeping. I love my lie-ins, but I do regret them when I don’t have enough day left.

20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
In Scotland with the family, where there was tragically no snow.

21. How will you be spending/did you spend New Year's Eve?
House party at Alix’s in the party central of Chinnor! Oh Yeeeaaaah!!

22. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
21, didn’t actually do anything on my birthday due to lovely deadlines, but went out every night the week after, then went home and saw the Lion King with my parents. Top notch.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes.

24. What was the best book you read?
The Time Traveller’s Wife

26. What was your favorite film of this year?
I’d say Pan’s Labyrinth, but that was a late showing of a film that came out last year, so Atonement.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t give half an arse about music. I went to see the Lion King for my birthday, does that count? It’s a musical…

27. What did you want and get?
Adoring fans and sweet sweet revenge. No? Ok, a job in Sound Circus.

28. What are you looking forward to in 2008?
International study exchange to America. If it actually happens. Cross your fingers.

29. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No

30. How many one-night stands?
Enough.

31. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I’ve struggled with this one, but no, more regret and annoyance that we can’t be friends anymore.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not losing all my energy! Damn glandular fever.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Jeans and cartoon tshirts.

34. What kept you sane?
People around to make me smile.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
James McAvoy, for he is beautiful. Mmmm

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Err……I can’t think of anything. I am sadly behind on the news.

37. Who did you miss?
All my friends at home while I was attempting to be ‘independent’ over the summer.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
The new friends I’ve made since starting my job in Sound Circus

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
I am way too young to settle for a life that isn’t making me happy. If its not perfect, don’t wait for it to change. I wish I’d figured this out sooner.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
'I’m not in love, I just wanna be touched.' I say. Ok, I admit, this was just playing on the radio while I was filling in the quiz.


Hmm. Looking back on this quiz it seems like I've had a pretty bad year. I haven't, honest. Just perhaps not as good as 2006.

A week into 2008 and I still haven't knit a single stitch.

No comments: