Friday, May 16, 2008

Aaaahahahaha. Four and a half months of freedom is MINE

I handed in my last project of second year this morning. Oh Thank God. It's about time, I think I was ever so slightly losing my mind by the end of it.

I suddenly ran out of ink at half past 6 last night, halfway through printing my workbook. There followed much high pitched swearing as I searched every inch of my room for the spare black cartridge I just knew I had, more high pitched swearing while frantically signing on to the internet to find the closing time of Staples, a fair bit of screaming and flailing at the less than efficient modem with the nearest thing that wasn't attached to the wall (a fold-up Christmas tree), and then more high pitching swearing, because I had found that I still had enough time to get to Staples but by that point the swearing had become a comforting thing.

Then I left the house. I got approximately halfway to the bus stop before I realised I had no money to buy ink. I don't mean that I picked up my purse without checking I had any cash,or picked up my bag without my purse in it. No. I left the house without my bag. I even went into my purse to get the bus fare, then put it back and left. Seriously, what?? Was an honest, hardworking life getting to me so much that I was subconciously planning to rob Staples?

It's possibly time for some proper sleep.

Today I need to go down to Sewing World and rip them a new one because my sewing machine is broken again. Ugh. I don't want to leave the house. My sewing machine is heavy and it's raining. Bah. The 2 weeks of beautiful sunshine I was stuck inside for has definitely disappeared now, it is crappy and English again. On the plus side, I don't get quite so many odd looks for knitting a jumper.

Ah yes, I'm knitting a jumper.





















This is the Cathay Ribbed Pullover I swatched for at the beginning of the year. I'm about two thirds of the way up the back now, so I should be finished next month, in time to go cavorting with sheep in the lake district. I try to conceal most of my excitement about this because it is unseemly for mature, well brought up young ladies to squeal.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Blog reading is totally the answer for good distractions. I'm so jealous of the lake district. It's all my Jane Austen fantasies . . .

Lovely sweater. I love the traveling eyelets.

Sarah said...

Congrats on making it through just about sane! The jumper is looking fab