Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I have been furiously knitting hexagons since I last posted. My fingers hurt.
















This bucket'o'yarn represents...probably about 60 hours of TVlinks, Videostic and Lovefilm. I have never been more grateful for my internet connection.

The beast is now stretched out in one of the spare bedrooms (God knows where I'm going to block when the rest of my housemates actually move in) and it is mercifully flat. I did have a great pre-dunking picture laid out flat and taken from the side, which looked like a blue knitted mountain range. Then my memory card decided it needed reformatting and kindly deleted everything for me. I do not have a healthy relationship with my gadgets apparently. But hey! The peaks are gone at least, nothing a good deluge couldn't fix. The skirt is all but finished,all I have to do is wait about 4 days for it to dry and then I can start knitting waistbands and suchlike. And then I just have to pray that it fits me. And then I also have to pray that Summer returns and I can actually wear it. Hmmm.
















There is a marked improvement as you travel down the skirt. This is what my picked up stitches looked like at the beginning.
















This is what they look like now.



I feel I have progressed somewhat.
P.S. I just had to edit this post about 20 times to try and get the pictures in the right places with the words UNDER them. I still can't do anything about that last bit. I detest Blogger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's some pretty good progress on the picking up stitches. Am sure it'll look fabulous on you!

From your SP -- did you get my postcard btw?