Sunday, June 01, 2008

101 in 1001 update: Month 1

4. Copy all music, photos and documents from my parent’s computer. Complete

Hmm. Well, nearly complete. My music is still on DVDs waiting for me to get my DVD drive fixed, but I have them with me at least.

15. Sell, donate or throw out 101 items I don’t need. 15/101

I've started the terrifying prospect of packing up my bedroom to move in a month. I can't believe how much stuff I have. Mildly worried about this. Anyhoo, have decided to celebrate the fact that I never have to design again by donating nearly all my art supplies to my Illustration-student housemates.

20. Reach 175 blog posts. 3/133

This is going to be harder than I thought. I didn't realise Blogger was saving my drafts so the 55 posts I thought I had to start with was actually only 42. Nuts. 3 posts down, 130 to go. Not the best of starts.

61. Sign up to Titletrader or Swapshop to swap old books, videos etc. Complete

Done! Signed up 3 weeks ago, 1 swap already completed.

65. Read all the books I haven’t read on my bookcase. 1/25

Read 'On Beauty' by Zadie Smith. A slow start again, especially as I'd already read a third of this book. Not a bad read though, albeit not my usual choice.

66. Read the entire works of Shakespeare. 1/45


Read 'Two Gentlemen of Verona'. Didn't like it. Proteus is an arsehole and Valentine is a doormat.

58. Go to the cinema at least once a month, even if it means going on my own.

Err...no. I suck. Although to be fair there were only about 3 days when I could have gone the cinema this month. Rubbish excuse, I know.

91. Wear a skirt at least once a week. 3/143

Um, nearly. Looked a little like Chewbacca for the first week though, thought it sensible to remain in trousers til I had time to wax.

95. Buy from a local butcher/grocer/market instead of the supermarket once a month. 1/33
82. Try a new food every month. 1/33
Yes! I can now proudly say that I've eaten water buffalo and ostrich. In Scotland. Where they are native to the land, obviously. Also cooked rhubarb from the farmers' market, which isn't really new to me, but I've never cooked it myself before.
So...er...blaming the coursework for the lack of progress here. And the holiday in Scotland. And the costume show. Maybe May wasn't the best month to start.

No comments: